State of the art Alamo Drafthouse movie theater coming to Laredo this Spring
After years of rumors and speculation, it seems as that the dream of having an Alamo Drafthouse in Laredo is now officially going to become reality. Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas, in association with franchise partner BACH Holdings announced earlier this Summer that they will be opening the popular movie-dinner venue this coming Spring 2015*. According to the official Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas website, the Laredo venue has been in construction since mid-July and will be will be located at the San Isidro development, near International Boulevard and Bob Bullock Loop.
Dubbing the name Alamo Drafthouse - San Isidro, the building will be a 32,000 square foot space and will be, “a state of the art venue with eight screens” making this the only dinner theatre in Laredo. Each of the auditoriums will also be equipped with Sony 4K digital projectors and promises to also have “amazing Dolby Digital sound.” In addition to the superior AV equipment, the layout of each screening room will eliminate the traditional front row, ensuring every seat in the house allows for a great viewing experience.
Alamo Drafthouse Laredo will also feature a lounge offering an extensive menu of draft and bottled beers, wine and food. The lounge will be called Glass Half Full and will offer patrons a chilled out atmosphere to socialize before a movie or to just to hangout with friends.
The establishment’s menu consists of burgers, pizzas, wraps, sandwiches, chips and dips, fried pickles, hot wings, and milkshakes (including adult milkshakes!) Guests can also expect weekend brunch, salads, and foods that cater to meat lovers, the veggie lovers, and even the gluten free lovers.
Other great events Laredoans can look forward from the franchise are special events such as cult-classic screenings, musical sing-a-longs, and even movie quote-a-longs.
Texas A&M International University (TAMIU) student, Itzamara Flores welcomes the project and enjoys the fact that it will be close to home since the nearest location was, “always so far away.” The young english major also adds that, “it gives the city some sort of popularity. I like it!” Marina Elida Benavides, a student at TAMIU, is also delighted by the news stating, “now people have something else to do besides going to the mall or bowling.”
Laredo Community College freshman, Leslie Michelle Gallegos is also excited for the cinema but hopes that, “there are age restrictions because I want to enjoy the movie without having any babies crying,” referencing the theaters PSA’s about their low tolerance for individuals who talk and text during a movie.
Nevertheless, the news is a welcome surprise to our vastly growing city. For more information on the Drafthouse visit their website at: www.drafthouse.com The Bridge will have further features upon its opening.
(George Gonzalez may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
*[Updated: 08/26/2015 - Draft House's soft opening is now set for September 4, 2015 // http://drafthouse.com/laredo/laredo ]
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Recent thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses