New Options for Laredo Foodies
New Restaurant opens on Del Mar
Recently, Texas A&M International University has seen growth so much that parking has become a constant issue around campus. The same is true around Laredo with its growth in population and businesses.
However, there is a bright side to all this growth in Laredo, especially to local food connoisseurs.
The options for food have expanded!
This past month, a new restaurant opened on Del Mar, near the intersection to McPherson Ave. The Vietnamese restaurant, Pho 68, has been recently grabbing attention from local foodies that want further options than Mexican and American fare.
The restaurant offers authentic Vietnamese cuisine, like pho—a rice noodle soup—with some unconventional options, like beef tendons and pork skins. Other dishes offered are a vermicelli noodle topped with a variety of meats, including your choice of beef or chicken.
Several of their specialty dishes are available in a combo priced under $11 and is piled on the plate, ensuring that the diner leaves with a full stomach and a fuller wallet. The combo also includes a drink and fried spring roll.
An item that any tired college student is sure to enjoy is the Vietnamese coffee, which is served in both a hot and iced versions. There are two other options served with sweetened condensed milk and is refreshing and mentally boosting. The flavor of this coffee is a major competitor for Starbucks, especially considering pricing.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is quaint and friendly with a very attentive wait staff. However, if going during the lunch hour, do expect to wait as it fills quickly because of it’s popularity. Pho 68 Vietnamese Noodle House is open Monday through Saturday from 11am to 10pm and is located at 1414 Del Mar Blvd.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Recent thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum