New Options for Laredo Foodies
New Restaurant opens on Del Mar
Recently, Texas A&M International University has seen growth so much that parking has become a constant issue around campus. The same is true around Laredo with its growth in population and businesses.
However, there is a bright side to all this growth in Laredo, especially to local food connoisseurs.
The options for food have expanded!
This past month, a new restaurant opened on Del Mar, near the intersection to McPherson Ave. The Vietnamese restaurant, Pho 68, has been recently grabbing attention from local foodies that want further options than Mexican and American fare.
The restaurant offers authentic Vietnamese cuisine, like pho—a rice noodle soup—with some unconventional options, like beef tendons and pork skins. Other dishes offered are a vermicelli noodle topped with a variety of meats, including your choice of beef or chicken.
Several of their specialty dishes are available in a combo priced under $11 and is piled on the plate, ensuring that the diner leaves with a full stomach and a fuller wallet. The combo also includes a drink and fried spring roll.
An item that any tired college student is sure to enjoy is the Vietnamese coffee, which is served in both a hot and iced versions. There are two other options served with sweetened condensed milk and is refreshing and mentally boosting. The flavor of this coffee is a major competitor for Starbucks, especially considering pricing.
The atmosphere of the restaurant is quaint and friendly with a very attentive wait staff. However, if going during the lunch hour, do expect to wait as it fills quickly because of it’s popularity. Pho 68 Vietnamese Noodle House is open Monday through Saturday from 11am to 10pm and is located at 1414 Del Mar Blvd.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Recent thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses