Donuts a Call Away
New Local Doughnut Pop-up Shop Offers Whimsical Delights
Food is a big part of our lives, and delicious desserts are no different. This new pop up shop is a clear example, that the best things come in small deliverable packages. The Doughnut District is offering Laredo artisanal doughnuts with the best eclectic names; which make ordering all the more fun!
The Doughnut District is a pop up shop new to the Laredo food market. They offer a variety of gourmet donuts with the best varieties. The Bridge was fortunate enough to get a “first taste” of the delicious treats they have to offer. Our sampler pack included 3 of the most popular handcrafted mini delicasses.
First up was the “Whip Me Donutella”, an amazing marriage of Nutella whipped with heavy cream and whipped hazelnut. The flavorful chocolatey, nutty topping on the fluffiest cake donut you could ever imagine stuck straight to the roofs of our mouths --an amazing experience. The texture was reminiscent of a great peanut butter and jelly sandwich that you looked forward to at the end of a hard school day.
Our second delightful donut was the “Taste the Rainbow”. This whimsical doughnut paid homage to the days when you’d be up in front of the television set watching Saturday morning cartoons, all while shovelling Fruity Pebbles in your face. You guessed it, this delectable donut is covered with your choice of white chocolate, or cream glaze and an unabashed amount of Fruity Pebbles cereal. The texture itself included the base of the cake-like doughnut, with the contrast of the sweet creamy and crunchy topping.
As we made our way through the last doughnut, “In Love with the Coco”, it was hard to imagine that our sampler journey had come to an end. However, you could say––unknowingly––we saved the best for last. The “In Love with the Coco” is a delectable doughnut reminiscent of an almond joy with an ethnic border twist. This small treat is dressed with a chocolate glaze, topped with shaved coconut, and a sweet drizzle of cajeta (thick caramelized milk).
At last, our doughnut journey through the top 3 treats came to an end. As bittersweet as it was, we hope that it encourages you to place an order today. Pricing starts at $2 a doughnut, and they can also be purchased by the dozen(s) --which is good news for us.
The Doughnut District can be located at their Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/thedoughnutdistrict. Orders can also be phoned in by calling (956) 326-9929. (Orders must be made a day in advance to guarantee freshness).
For questions, comments, or more information about this article Tina Gomez can be reached at email@example.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Recent thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum