Getaway from Midterms and Finals
Midterms have approached us and finals are only a couple of weeks away. Dustdevils are all around campus occupying the library study rooms or Skylab computers getting ready for their exams. During these crucial times we must remember that we should take time for ourselves and not drive ourselves to the brink of exhaustion. Take a weekend off and dedicate it to yourself. Plan a weekend to pamper yourself, or better yet, go on a getaway! There are many cities that have a lot to offer that are close to Laredo.
One city that stands out that is often overseen is Fort Worth, Texas. When one thinks of the DFW area, Dallas automatically comes to mind. However, Fort Worth is a city of its own that has much to offer to Texans. Take a getaway from your studies and clear your mind in the City of Cowboys and Culture. While on your trip consider visiting the following which are full of art, shopping, family rich activities, live music and dancing, and best of all Texas History.
· Kimbell Art Museum
· Bass Performance Hall
· Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo
· West Magnolia Avenue
· Fort Worth Zoo
· Fort Worth Shopping District
· Billy Bob’s Texas (The Largest Country Bar in the Nation)
· The Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame
· Log Cabin Village
· National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame
· Fort Worth Botanical Gardens
· Trinity River
The City of Fort Worth is the fifth largest city in Texas. The fun, friendly, and welcoming city will have you wanting to come back and visit! The amount that there is to do in the city cannot be done in one trip. Finals don’t have to be overwhelming and stressful. Whether it’s Fort Worth or another city around Texas or the nation, take some time for yourself Dustdevil! You deserve it!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Recent thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses