Christmas time is here! Black Friday is here! What does that mean? Long lines, back order items, people trying to cut their way through the masses. Ah, the most wonderful time of the year!
It has been a year since the economic catastrophe hit Main Street causing President Obama to create a plan that would jumpstart the economy.
According to Ben Bernake, Federal Reserve Chairman, declared in the summer of 2009 that America "was out of the recession."
Now, we move to the present. November 27, 2009 the day after Thanksgiving also known as "Black Friday" would set the tone for the Christmas season on whether the economy was back in the black.
According to Guillermo Calderon, Sales Manager at JC Penney, "the sales have risen slightly compared to last year even with the peso drop."
Paula Gonzalez, Store Manager for Macy's, said, "So far so good! Things have been looking positive. I really do predict that we will have a successful Christmas. We have designed special promotions for all areas including home stores, cosmetics, and apparel."
As people lined up outside Macy's, Sandra Gonzalez, mother of four said, "this Christmas will be good for family. The economy looks good and with so many name brand stores vying for our business, the consumer wins in the end!"
Indeed, stores such as Sears, Macy's, and JC Penney looked pretty good for the first few hours; people left these stores with plenty of bags. The sales team was so busy; they appeared as if they didn't have time to breath.
Mrs. Trevino, Sears Store Manager, said, "The economy has been good so far. Our strength this year is in the electronics. This Christmas will be known for Plasma screen T.V.'s, PS3, XBOX, and Wii."
"It appears as if the worst is over. I just hope that this Christmas will put us back in black so that we can move on as a nation," said Ernesto Ramirez, a father of three.
If Black Friday was any indication of positive things to come, then rest assured that good things will come to those who wait.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Bridge News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THE BRIDGE
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE BRIDGE NEWS
RECENT THE BRIDGE CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family Fun: Indoor Trampoline Parks Grow by Leaps and Bounds
- Popping the Question Over the Holidays? What Every Guy...
- Helping Golfers Stay in the Swing With Chiropractic Care
- Conserve Energy This Winter by Choosing the Right Windows
- ACA Marketplace Complicates Tax Returns -- May Delay 2015...
- Gifts That Wow, and What They Say About You
- Millennial Travel Is on the Rise
- Taking Care on and off the Sports Field
- Are You a Candidate for Chiropractic Care?
- Worried About Ebola? What's Keeping You Safe at the...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World
- NATIONAL SURVEY REVEALS CONFLICTED MINDSET OF COLLEGE STUDENTS ABOUT ADHD PRESCRIPTION STIMULANT MISUSE, ABUSE AND DIVERSION
- 7 Tips to Fuel for Finals
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists