Christmas time is here! Black Friday is here! What does that mean? Long lines, back order items, people trying to cut their way through the masses. Ah, the most wonderful time of the year!
It has been a year since the economic catastrophe hit Main Street causing President Obama to create a plan that would jumpstart the economy.
According to Ben Bernake, Federal Reserve Chairman, declared in the summer of 2009 that America "was out of the recession."
Now, we move to the present. November 27, 2009 the day after Thanksgiving also known as "Black Friday" would set the tone for the Christmas season on whether the economy was back in the black.
According to Guillermo Calderon, Sales Manager at JC Penney, "the sales have risen slightly compared to last year even with the peso drop."
Paula Gonzalez, Store Manager for Macy's, said, "So far so good! Things have been looking positive. I really do predict that we will have a successful Christmas. We have designed special promotions for all areas including home stores, cosmetics, and apparel."
As people lined up outside Macy's, Sandra Gonzalez, mother of four said, "this Christmas will be good for family. The economy looks good and with so many name brand stores vying for our business, the consumer wins in the end!"
Indeed, stores such as Sears, Macy's, and JC Penney looked pretty good for the first few hours; people left these stores with plenty of bags. The sales team was so busy; they appeared as if they didn't have time to breath.
Mrs. Trevino, Sears Store Manager, said, "The economy has been good so far. Our strength this year is in the electronics. This Christmas will be known for Plasma screen T.V.'s, PS3, XBOX, and Wii."
"It appears as if the worst is over. I just hope that this Christmas will put us back in black so that we can move on as a nation," said Ernesto Ramirez, a father of three.
If Black Friday was any indication of positive things to come, then rest assured that good things will come to those who wait.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent thebridgenewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
RECENT THEBRIDGENEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy